Hislop v Perde; Kaur v Committee (for the time being) of Ramgarhia Board Leicester  EWCA Civ 1726
Late acceptance of a Part 36 offer in SIIIA
Costs consequences of acceptance of a Part 36 offer are prescribed in CPR 36.13. However, not when a claim is governed by SIIIA, i.e. it was previously in the Portal, because CPR 36.20 operates INSTEAD not as well as 36.13. CPR 36.20 does not disapply fixed costs where there has been late acceptance. CPR 45.29J costs are still available but are unaffected by late acceptance alone.
For a copy of the judgment, click here.
Although an East Midlands based barrister, Sarah Robson appears in both High Courts and County Courts across much of Central England and Wales, covering from Leeds to London, Cardiff to Norwich.
Sarah speaks around the country on the MOJ Portal, fixed costs, and SIIIA costs. Sarah is a popular and engaging speaker. She is not phased by addressing large audiences. Sarah speaks to both claimant and defendant audiences, and to professional and lay clients. Please email her to about speaking availability.
- Sarah is an experienced advocate with a strong reputation in court.
- Sarah is known for her thorough preparation, and for providing detailed and practical advice. Solicitors often comment how they have never seen counsel so well prepared.
- Sarah is the top counsel for cases concerning the MOJ Portal.
- Sarah knows MOJ costs, premature issue and breaches of the pre-action protocol inside out.
- Why not call and ask to speak to her to find out what Sarah can do for you? That case you hate in the bottom of your cupboard. We know it's there. Sarah can help.
- Come to the expert and make sure you get it right time - every time.
Awards & Scholarships
- Sarah was awarded the London University Prize for Distinguished Exam Performance in her LLB (Hons) (1999).
- Sarah received a major award from the Honourable Society of the Inner Temple for her Bar School year (2001).
- Sarah received a major award from her Bar School, the University of the West of England (2001).
- Sarah Robson was voted No 1 top barrister for Berrymans Lace Mawer's RTA fast track team in Manchester.
Outside of work, Sarah is a fully qualified Taekwondo martial arts instructor.
She is also a third-degree black belt.
(However, she is still a little bit afraid of spiders!)
- Sarah Robson does not have a clerk - she does not need one. Once clients have seen how Sarah works and how good she is they keep coming back!
- Solicitors can talk directly to Sarah when they book a case and often benefit from discussing the case with her at that point. There is usually time then to take steps to strengthen your case, whereas where a clerk has taken the booking it is often too late by the time counsel receive papers for a hearing.
- It is not unusual for MOJ Portal cases, Conduct cases, Premature issue and cases concerning breach of the Practice Direction on conduct or breach of the pre-action protocol to settle once the other side here that Sarah Robson is the barrister on your side.
Tel: 0800 634 9650
NB Sarah Robson is not a Direct Access Barrister - Members of the public should not telephone but see a solicitor
© Sarah Robson 2017